Sunday, February 26, 2012

How concerned should I be over "identity" information given out over a portable phone being listened to?

I (stupidly?) gave personal information to a bank over a portable (not cell) phone and now wonder what the chances are of eavesdroppers stealing information. Anything to be done?How concerned should I be over "identity" information given out over a portable phone being listened to?I wouldn't be too worried. I only use a corded phone. In fact, I still use a Western Electric model 500 rotary phone. The person would have to be in fairly close range to listen in to your phone call. Yes, it would be unlawful for them to listen into your conversation, but as we learned from gun laws, prohibiting acts only stops lawful citizens ;)



Don't worry about it too much, but in the future use ONLY a corded phone for this type of communications.
  • mercedes benz usa
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment