Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is the difference between Computer science and information technology?

Hi I'm interested in computer courses to study, today I spoke to someone from one of the unis I was interested in one of the courses were more about designing and the other practical and more technical fixing and support the system. I'm really interested in that. Its called computer enterprising. .



But I want to apply to more but I get confused as every university calls the computer courses a different name. So i'm unsure if its software , or computer science , IT , IS with business. I think it could be IS with business what I'm interested in but I'm unsure. In some of the modules in the enterprise one has : information systems,computer programming ,data management , software testing , human computer interaction. developing internet applications supporting the systems kinda thing



Which computer course would include that sort of things? Its one of the practical and technical I want I'm not interested in designing. And can anyone tell me from this which computer courses is more like the one i described is it Information technology with business or something else? And is Computer science based on designing the applications? and not the more practicalWhat is the difference between Computer science and information technology?Computer science strictly the science of computers. It can be thought of like physics where you learn the concept, the art and architecture of computers and mainly programming.



Information technology is applied computers, and more of a business and tech term, it is more like applied physics. where you see how this might be applicable in real world.



Typically these things blend together and there is a variety of coursework no matter how the department breaks it up.



What you are describing seems more like vocational studies, such as taking courses from Microsoft and Cisco Sun, and Oracle and getting those certifications. This actually isn't covered in university courses, although community college courses do tailor towards this.What is the difference between Computer science and information technology?Sounds like computer science to me, I think most design courses start out as computer science and only become computer design in the second or third year depending on your choice of modules.
  • unique baby boy names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment