Monday, February 20, 2012

How do I get my information off a website?

I have just put my phone number into a website called reverse australia and they not only have my number but my name and my address. How did they get this information? Is it illegal for them to have it? Are they allowed to put it on a website? How can I get it removed? I would like this done immediately but any advice will help.How do I get my information off a website?Too bad you didn't check who owned the web site. They list phone numbers and email addresses where you can either call or email complaints. Again, a question with no details to help.



RonHow do I get my information off a website?In general, in most countries, your phone number and the address behind it isn't considered private information...in fact...it's public information. I assume you have phone books down under? So...you just sort the data by phone number, and that gives you a persons name and address, doesn't it? Just from the big book in the postbox. The data is public already.



In the US we have 'Unlisted numbers'. In Australia I think you call them private numbers? Get one of those numbers. You may have to pay extra.How do I get my information off a website?Most likely they got it from your telephone provider. Instead of having a phone book, you can find out who is calling you just by entering the phone number.



You might be able to speak with your telephone provider to see if they provided the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment